The ELBE Faculty is organizational educational and scientific structural part of KNURE, which combines 4 departments:
- Electronic Devices and Appliances;
- Photonics and Laser Engineering;
- Biomedical Engineering;
- Physical Training and Sports and
- 6 Research Laboratories.
Faculty of ELBE teaches bachelors and masters in the most important areas of modern electronic equipment:
- Micro- and Nanoelectronics (MN) is basic direction that defines the future of the component base of information technologies;
- Electronic devices and systems (EDS) is process control systems of technological processes and enterprises, information and measurement systems;
- Optical engineering (OE) is area of research, design and manufacturing of optoelectronic systems for solving problems in information complexes and laser devices for widespread use;
- Biomedical Engineering (BMI), Information Technology in Biomedicine (ITBM) is the modern scientific field combining the application of engineering principles and technical resources with the achievements of science and practice in medicine and biology.
The faculty collaborates with many educational and research institutions, including Stanford University (USA), University of Hannover, Solar Energy Institute (Germany), the universities of China, Spain and Italy.