KHARKIV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF RADIO ELECTRONICS
Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics, NURE, is one of the most distinctly profiled universities in Ukraine, where applied IT and innovation for sustainable are in focus. NURE has the vision to conduct education and research in which engineering and IT can be integrated with other disciplines.
Everything we do at NURE has three distinct perspectives: innovation, sustainability and in real life, which means collaboration and exchange with both the business and industry as well as society.
Let me welcome you to NURE and a lifelong experience.
NURE is first among the best!
In 1930, the Kharkov Institute of Engineering and Construction (HIBI) was founded on the basis of the building faculty of the Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute (KHPI) and the Architectural Faculty of the Kharkiv Art Institute. In 1934, the HIBI included: the Kharkiv Geodetic Institute and the Research Institute of Geodesy and Cartography. In 1941 1734 students were studying, about 200 teachers trained at 4 faculties: Architectural; Building; Plumbing; Geodetic
In 1944, HIBI was transformed into the Kharkiv Mining and Industrial Institute of the Coal Industry of the USSR (HHII). Faculties: machine-building (2 specialties: mining engineering and engineering technology); mining electromechanical; industrial transport.
In 1947 the Kharkiv Mining and Industrial Institute was transformed into the Kharkiv Mining Institute of the USSR Mining University. Departments: Mining; shaft building; mining electromechanical; industrial transport.
In 1962, KHII was transformed into the Kharkov Institute of Mining Engineering, Automation and Computer Technology (HIGMAVT). Faculties: automation of production processes in the mining industry; radio engineering; mining machinery.
In 1966, KHIGMAOT was renamed the Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics (HIRE). Faculties: In 1966: Automation; computer technology; radio engineering; radiophysical; electronics; mining machinery. In 1972: control systems; radio equipment design; radio engineering; computer technology; electronics In the early 1970s, KhIRA trained engineers in 7 specialties: 0606 – automation and telemechanics; 0608 – mathematical and computational-decoding devices; 0611 – electronic devices; 0612 – industrial electronics; 0704 – radio physics and electronics; 0701 – radio engineering; 0705 – design and technology of radio equipment production.
In 1981, the Institute was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, and in 1982 he was named after the outstanding scientist and designer of rocket and space technology, academician M.K. Yangel
In 1993, the Kharkov Institute of Radio Electronics was transformed into the Kharkov State Technical University of Radioelectronics (CDTURE).
The current name since 2001. The university has 8 faculties, 34 departments. The University study more than 7000 students of various forms of training on 46 specialties from 7 areas of knowledge.
The University is a permanent partner in joint projects of the international programs of the European Union, the United Nations Development Program, the British Council, NATO.
About 100 Doctors of Sciences, Professors, 350 PhD, associate professors work at the university, the department of postgraduate and doctoral studies in 14 specialties, 7 specialized councils for defending theses.
The scientific library contains more than 1.5 million paper copies. The electronic library has access to the information bases of the world information space. Six scientific journals are published, IEEE scientific conferences are held in the University. Educational and scientific laboratories, thanks to the most modern equipment, carry out research that allows them to realize their potential and integrate into the world academic space.
This year the University joined the Times Higher Education University Impact Ranking and for the first time got into the base of the world ranking THE. The University was first ranked in QS Еmerging Europe and central Asia University Rankings QS EECA from British company Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
NURE’s place in national and world rankings:
- in the world ranking Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 https://www.
timeshighereducation.com/ world-university-rankings/ kharkiv-national-university- radio-electronics KNURE took a position in the group 801-1000 and third place among Ukrainian universities;
- in the subject ratings of Times Higher Education https://www.
timeshighereducation.com/ world-university-rankings/by- subject in Computer Science KNURE took a position in the group 301-400, in Engineering and Technology – in the group 601-800;
- in the Times Higher Education University Impact Ranking 2020 https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/kharkiv-national-university-radio-electronics NURE took a position in the range of 601+;
- in the regional rating of the British consulting agency Quacquarelli Symonds QS EECA https://www.topuniversities.com/universities/kharkiv-national-university-radio-electronics NURE took a position in the range of 251-300;
- in GreenMetric World University Rankings the University took 716 place. Among Ukrainian universities, NURE took the 13th place;
- in the ranking of universities in the world Webometrics Ranking of World Universities http://www.webometrics.info/en/Europe/Ukraine%20 as for January 2021 NURE ranks 9th among 316 free economic zones of Ukraine. In particular, according to the Excellence indicator, which shows the number of articles by university scientists, which are among the top 10% of the most cited by SSImago, NURE took the 5th place;
- in the ranking Transparent Ranking (Top Universities by Google Scholar Citations) from Webometrics http://www.webometrics.info/en/transparent in January 2021 NURE ranks the 8th position;
- in the ranking of Ukrainian universities from the portal Osvita.ua according to the indicators of the Scopus database http://ru.osvita.ua/vnz/rating/72780/ as for April 2020, NURE ranks the 22nd place among 177 free economic zones, by the number of articles NURE kept the 10th place, by the number of citations – the 17th place;
- in the web-popularity rating uniRank University Ranking https://www.4icu.org/ua/ in Janiary 2021 NURE took the 31st place among 186 Ukrainian universities;
- in the international ranking of scientific organizations SCImago Institutions Rankings 2020 https://www.scimagoir.com/rankings.php?country=UKR§or=all NURE took the 18nd place among 29 universities of Ukraine;
- in the international comparative rating U-Multirank 2020 https://www.umultirank.org/ NURE ranks the 3rd position in the number of the best indicators;
- in the rating “TOP-200 Ukraine” in 2020 http://www.euroosvita.net/index.php/?category=1&id=6091 the University ranks the 9th position;
- in the “Consolidated rating of higher education institutions of Ukraine” http://ru.osvita.ua/vnz/rating/51741/ the University in 2020 took 11-12 position among 237 Ukrainian universities;
- in the rating from “Vstup.OSVITA.UA” of higher education institutions by the number of persons enrolled in education at the expense of the state budget, NURE took the 9th place;
- in the ranking of universities from the portal DOU-2019 https://dou.ua/lenta/articles/ukrainian-universities-2019/ NURE took the 6th place.
The University also undergoes an audit for inclusion in the rating of the British consulting agency Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
Our beautiful campus consists of 10 educational buildings and 8 student dormitories.
The University provides a wide range of programs in technical specialties – from microelectronics and nanotechnology to artificial intelligence and media systems, from radio and biomedical engineering to computer science. We maintain the balance of research and education and encourage open thinking, we adhere to the principles of tolerance and multiculturalism.
Our slogan – Cogita audaciter, genera ideas!
In honor of the university named small planet – 10681 HTURE.