KHARKIV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF RADIO ELECTRONICS
Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics, NURE, is one of the most distinctly profiled universities in Ukraine, where applied IT and innovation for sustainable are in focus. NURE has the vision to conduct education and research in which engineering and IT can be integrated with other disciplines.
Everything we do at NURE has three distinct perspectives: innovation, sustainability and in real life, which means collaboration and exchange with both the business and industry as well as society.
Let me welcome you to NURE and a lifelong experience.
NURE is first among the best!
In 1930, the Kharkov Institute of Engineering and Construction (HIBI) was founded on the basis of the building faculty of the Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute (KHPI) and the Architectural Faculty of the Kharkiv Art Institute. In 1934, the HIBI included: the Kharkiv Geodetic Institute and the Research Institute of Geodesy and Cartography. In 1941 1734 students were studying, about 200 teachers trained at 4 faculties: Architectural; Building; Plumbing; Geodetic
In 1944, HIBI was transformed into the Kharkiv Mining and Industrial Institute of the Coal Industry of the USSR (HHII). Faculties: machine-building (2 specialties: mining engineering and engineering technology); mining electromechanical; industrial transport.
In 1947 the Kharkiv Mining and Industrial Institute was transformed into the Kharkiv Mining Institute of the USSR Mining University. Departments: Mining; shaft building; mining electromechanical; industrial transport.
In 1962, KHII was transformed into the Kharkov Institute of Mining Engineering, Automation and Computer Technology (HIGMAVT). Faculties: automation of production processes in the mining industry; radio engineering; mining machinery.
In 1966, KHIGMAOT was renamed the Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics (HIRE). Faculties: In 1966: Automation; computer technology; radio engineering; radiophysical; electronics; mining machinery. In 1972: control systems; radio equipment design; radio engineering; computer technology; electronics In the early 1970s, KhIRA trained engineers in 7 specialties: 0606 – automation and telemechanics; 0608 – mathematical and computational-decoding devices; 0611 – electronic devices; 0612 – industrial electronics; 0704 – radio physics and electronics; 0701 – radio engineering; 0705 – design and technology of radio equipment production.
In 1981, the Institute was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, and in 1982 he was named after the outstanding scientist and designer of rocket and space technology, academician M.K. Yangel
In 1993, the Kharkov Institute of Radio Electronics was transformed into the Kharkov State Technical University of Radioelectronics (CDTURE).
The current name since 2001. The university has 8 faculties, 34 departments. The University study more than 7000 students of various forms of training on 46 specialties from 7 areas of knowledge.
The University is a permanent partner in joint projects of the international programs of the European Union, the United Nations Development Program, the British Council, NATO.
About 100 Doctors of Sciences, Professors, 350 PhD, associate professors work at the university, the department of postgraduate and doctoral studies in 14 specialties, 7 specialized councils for defending theses.
The scientific library contains more than 1.5 million paper copies. The electronic library has access to the information bases of the world information space. Six scientific journals are published, IEEE scientific conferences are held in the University. Educational and scientific laboratories, thanks to the most modern equipment, carry out research that allows them to realize their potential and integrate into the world academic space.
This year the University joined the Times Higher Education University Impact Ranking and for the first time got into the base of the world ranking THE:
- at the ranking of the Times Higher Education University Impact Ranking 2019 the University took a position in the range 301+;
- at the ranking of the Universities Webometrics Ranking of World Universities as for July 2019, NURE is ranked 10th among the 323 HEI in Ukraine. Also, NURE takes the 7th place according to the Excellence indicator, that shows the number of articles of the University scholars that are among the best 10% of the most cited according to the calculations of SСimago;
- at the Transparent Ranking (Top Universities by Google Scholar Citations) of Webometrics in July 2019 NURE set the 8th position comparing with the 25th position in July, 2018;
- at the ranking of universities of Ukraine made by the portal Osvita.ua according to the indicators of the Scopus database, at April, 2019, the University ranked the 22st among the 166 HEI, comparing to 2018 when it was the 20th place among the 162 HEI, including the number of articles the University kept the 10th place, according to the number of citations University rating went up from the 17th to the 16th place;
- in the ranking of web-popularity of uniRank University Ranking in July 2019, the University ranked the 25th place among the 171 universities of Ukraine comparing to the 32nd place in July, 2018;
- in the international ranking of scientific organizations SCImago Institutions Rankings in 2019 NURE took the 22nd place among the 33 scientific organizations and the 13th place from the 16 universities of Ukraine. In 2018 it was the 13th place out of 25 organizations, and the 9th out of 11 universities;
- in the ranking of the publication activity of scientific organizations Nature Index from the journal Nature, which is based on the global impact factor, in 2018 NURE took the 8th place in comparison with the 17th place in 2017;
- at the U-Multirank international comparative NURE takes the 10th place according to all indicators. At the direction Scientific research (Research) it takes the 4th place. Among the 1006 European universities, NURE is the 442nd, compared with the 446th out of 925 in 2018;
- in the TOP-200 Ukraine rating in 2019 the University takes the 18th place;
- in the “Consolidated Rating of Higher Education Institutions of Ukraine” the University took the 15-16th position among the 237 HEI;
- in the ranking of HEI of the portal DOU-2019 NURE took the 6th place.
The University also undergoes an audit for inclusion in the rating of the British consulting agency Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
Our beautiful campus consists of 10 educational buildings and 8 student dormitories.
The University provides a wide range of programs in technical specialties – from microelectronics and nanotechnology to artificial intelligence and media systems, from radio and biomedical engineering to computer science. We maintain the balance of research and education and encourage open thinking, we adhere to the principles of tolerance and multiculturalism.
Our slogan – Cogita audaciter, genera ideas!
In honor of the university named small planet – 10681 HTURE.