The Department of System Engineering(SE) – graduating department of Computer Sciences Faculty of Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics.
The Department was founded in 1967 as the Department of Theoretical Cybernetics In 1975 the department was renamed into the Department of System Engineering. System Engineering – it is this scientific direction, studying from positions of analysis of the systems the questions of planning, functioning and development of the difficult computerized informatively-managing systems.
The Department (SE) teaches professionals of 3 educational levels for 2 specialities: 122 – Computer Science, 151 – Automation and computer-integrated technologies
Specialty 122 –specializations Information Engineering Technology and Systems Design;
Specialty 151 –specialization Computer Aided Control Systems and Automation.
Specialty 122 and 151.
The Department of System Engineering has a filial branch in the joint-stock company “Institute of Automated Systems” (IAS), which is a scientific and industrial foundation for student practical education.. Head of the branch is B.A. Kolesnik, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Professor.
At the Department were created and now working laboratories:
1. Scientific laboratory “Centre for informatization of management bodies “. Scientific supervisor I.V. Grebennik, Dr. Sc. (Technology).
2. Educational and Scientific laboratory “Modelling of Systems”. Scientific supervisor V.G. Ivanov, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Professor;
3. Educational and Scientific laboratory “System Design”. Scientific supervisor Yu.V. Mischeryakov, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Associate Professor.
4. Educational-scientific laboratory “Decision-making on the basis of large data in organizational systems” Scientific supervisor N.I. Kalita. Cand. Sc. (Technology), Associate Professor.
Postdoctoral studies in specialties:
01.05.02 – Mathematical modeling and computational methods;
05.13.06 – Information technology;
05.13.12 – Automation Design Systems.
Scientific courses of the department:
- System analysis, modeling and optimization of complex socio-economic and technical systems.
- Mathematical models and methods for structural-topological synthesis of territorially distributed objects.