The department prepares students from 1975 in two specialties and three degrees of higher education:
172 Telecommunications and Radio Engineering (full-time, part-time, postgraduate education) – in Ukrainian, English, Russian.
- Bachelor’s – 4 years. Specializations: Telecommunications and Infocommunication Engineering
- Master’s 1,5-2 years Specialization: Telecommunication Systems and Networks and Infocommunication Engineering
125 Cybersecurity (full-time, part-time, postgraduate education) – in Ukrainian, English, Russian.
- Bachelor’s – 4 years Information Security Management;
- Master’s – 1,5 – 2 years Administrative management in the field of information security
- Philosophy Doctor in specialty 05.13.23 05.12.02 -Telecommunication Systems and Networks; 05.12.13 – Radio Engineering Devices and Means of Telecommunications (Technical Sciences).
In recent years, the laboratory equipment of the Department of Telecommunication Systems has been renewed by more than 80%. Under the auspices of the Department there were created new laboratories for next generation systems and networks (NGN), which are based on laboratory work carried out using remote access and other advanced technologies. Lectures are held in multimedia classrooms 301b, 301a, 301, 305, 306, 308, 310, 374, 21z, 24z, 510y.
A number of laboratory trainings and all kinds of practical training are conducted in branches of the department in such companies as “Ukrtelecom”, “Proton”, “Monolit”, Kharkiv State Regional Scientific and Technical Center for Protection Technical Information, or mobile phone companies such as Kyivstar, Vodafon, Velton Telecom, Rekom TCS, etc.
Based on the laboratories of the department, five regional academies and training centers were organized: CISCO, Samsung and Avaya, Oracle, etc.
The department is the executor of many scientific works, the customers of which are the Ministry of Education and Science, NSAU, Ukrtelecom, mobile operators: Kyivstar, Vodafon, Astelit. North-Eastern branch of the State Enterprise of the Ukrainian State Center of Radio Frequencies, the regional TV and radio center etc. Close connections with scientific and specialized branch institutions promote the active development of young scientists. Over the past 10 years, 26 postgraduate students have defended their Ph.D. theses, successfully defended 8 doctoral theses, including 12 from other countries.
Training is carried out by specialists of the highest category: 49 lecturers, including 11 Doctors of Sciences and professors, 26 Candidates of Sciences and Associate Professors, 5 Senior Lecturers and 7 Assistant Professors.
Our lecturers, postgraduate students, doctoral students, students and graduates work continuously and part-time in leading companies and firms represented in Ukraine: Cisco, CS, D-Link, Avaya, Samsung, NIX Solutions Ltd, EPAM Systems, Ministry of Emergency Situations, project groups, Mirantis and others.
Cooperation of the Department
Branches of department at the leading telecommunication enterprises, enter into agreements with partners: Kharkiv branch of “UkrTelecom”; Kharkiv State Regional Scientific and Technical Center for Technical Information Protection; North-Eastern branch of the State Enterprise of the Ukrainian State Center of Radio Frequencies; Regional TV and Radio Center; Avaya, “REKOM”; National operator of mobile communication “Kyivstar”; TCS «Life»; EPAM, etc.
One of many market sectors are employed by Cisco, Samsung, Ericsson, Nokia, Avaya, Representative Office of Intel and others. The Department of ICE for scientific and educational work collaborates with foreign universities: Joint educational and scientific work with the Swedish Technological University (Sweden) – Tempus and Erasmus + projects, Zielona Góra (Poland), Lodz Polytechnic (Poland)
Scientific directions of the chairman
- Mathematical modeling and analysis of adaptive wireless systems functioning using self-organization and self-recovery methods.(Prof. Lemeshko O.V., Prof. Harkusha S.V.)
- Structural and parametric synthesis of multiservice telecommunication systems, with architecture, overlay network, cloud-systems, taking into account the properties of information flows as self-similar processes. (Prof. Ageyev D.V.)
- Theory and methods of construction of broadband radio engineering and TC systems and their elements. (Prof. Shostko I.S., Senior Lecturer Kulya Yu.E.)
- Methods of management of services in multiservice networks. Analysis of information security and prediction of the status of network elements and network segment as a whole. (Prof. E. Duravkin, Assistant Professor Tkachova O. B.)
- Cognitive radio, radio resource management in mobile systems. Simulation and analysis of electromagnetic compatibility in wireless telecommunication systems with spatial and temporal signal processing. (Prof. Kolyadenko Yu.Yu., Associate Professor Moskalets M.V.)
- Fundamentals of the theory of telecommunication systems. Methods of system analysis and synthesis. Noise protection in networks with radio access. Development and implementation of the concepts “smart home”, “electronic city”, “electronic government”.(Prof.Kolyadenko Yu.Yu., Assistant professor Tokar L.O.)
- Methods of information provision of complex distributed computing structures. Service-oriented architecture and distributed computing.(Assistant Professor Kovalenko T.M.)
- Methods of the theory of disasters and bifurcations in the analysis of the structural and functional stability of telecommunication systems represented by nonlinear differential models. (Prof. Lemeshko O.V.)
- Models of software-defined networks. Optimization of traffic management processes and quality assurance. (Prof. Lemeshko O.V., Associate professor Andrushko D.V., Assistant professor Eremenko O.S.)
- Tensor methodology of modeling, analysis and synthesis of infocommunication systems and networks. (Prof. Lemeshko O.V., Prof. Yevseyeva O.Yu.)
- Methods of providing information security in infocommunication systems. (Associate Professor Snihurov AV, Associate Professor Eremenko O.S., Chakryan V. Kh.)
- Information security of infocommunication and cloud technologies (assistant professor Radivilova T.A., associate professor Evdokimenko M.O., associate professor Holodkova A.V.)
- Methods of monitoring the structural and functional reliability of infocommunication systems (Associate professor Saburova S.O., AssistantVolotka V.S.)
- Models and methods of ensuring fault tolerance of infocommunication networks in traffic management (Prof. Lemeshko O.V., Associate Professor Eremenko O.S.).
- Models and methods of tropospheric communication systems and the search for ways to enhance their characteristics (Prof. V. Loshakov, Associate Professor Moskalets M.V., Assistant Professor Filippenko O., Associate Professor Martynchuk O.O.).
- Use of adaptation methods for mobile communication systems of new generations (Prof. V. Loshakov, Assistant Professor Moskalets M.V., Assistant Professor Filippenko O., Associate Prof. Martynchuk O.).
- Use of technologies of software-defined equipment (SDR) in the construction of mobile communication systems of new generations (Prof. V.Loshakov, Associate Professor Moskalets M.V., Associate Professor O. Filippenko, Associate Professor Martynchuk O.O.)
Our students study
all the latest telecommunication technologies of wired and wireless networks, mobile communication, network programming, design and administration of networks, organization of business in telecommunications based on international and national standards; network security, information security management based on international standards, software and technical means of information security, etc.; product certification, verification of compliance with international and national standards, quality management, measuring technology, etc.
To teach students there are deployed:
- Regional Cisco Network Academy;
- Avaya training center;
- D-Link training center (IP-technologies and information security);
- Oracle Academy;
- NGN training center;
- educational-methodical and scientific center of access networks using technologies of new generations (satellite, fiber optic, wireless);
- 3-4G mobile training center;
- Research center for information protection;
- Certification Center;
- School for ethical hacking.
The department also participates: in the ISACA community – an international association uniting professionals in the field of IT audit, IT consulting, IT risk management and information security in the community OWASP – to ensure the security of web applications.
Our students hold prize-winning places at the all-Ukrainian and international competitions of scientific works and olympiads each year (Lviv, Odessa, Kiev, Dnipro, Bratislava, Moscow).
Our graduates work at KNURE – lecturers, managers in telecommunication companies (Ukrtelecom, Kyivstar, Vodafon, Life, Utel, EPAM and others), banks, business structures, security structures, commercial and state enterprises.
In football, basketball, table tennis, boxing, and athletics, the team of the Department of ICE is one of the best in the university.
Our students are pleased to participate in the cultural life of the faculty and the university, competitions of creative amateur, humor clubs, concerts, creative evenings.