The Department of Higher Mathematics provides basis education in Higher Mathematics embracing all specialities of the University where Higher Mathematics is not major.
The training is aimed at the development of mathematical and logic thinking, speciality subjects study and independent work with scientific and technical information. The students master basic concepts, ideas and methods of modern calculus, learn to use them in solving particular problems. The students are given basic ideas of linear algebra and classical mathematical analysis, they are trained to solve applied problems (i.e. to formulate a real problem as a mathematical one and to choose the best method for solving it), to solve mathematical problems and to implement the solutions in order to get the practical outcome (a formula, a number, a diagram, the proper conclusion) as well as to work with apparatus criticus independently.
The Department of Higher Mathematics majors in:
– The development of algorithms for time-dependent electrodynamics problems on the basis of integral equations and their application.
– Mathematical modeling for solving the problems connected with excitation of broadband and ultra wideband non-closed antennas as well as inhomogeneous ones.
– The development of new teaching methods and their usage in distance learning.
– Algebraic structures, multi algebraic systems and their application in modeling of processes factoring.
– Stationary and non-stationary plasmons, their excitation and application.