In September-December 2020, employees of the Special Educational and Rehabilitation Department for Students with Special Educational Needs took part in the All-Ukrainian project of the National Assembly of People with Disabilities of Ukraine: “Participation in decision-making processes: NOTHING FOR US WITHOUT US”.
The aim of the project was to ensure that disability issues are taken into account in the formation and implementation of public policy by actively involving persons with disabilities in decision-making processes regarding strategies and programs that affect them.
Online sessions and webinars were held on the ZOOM platform on the following topics:
– «Discussion of the draft Action Plan for the implementation of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities for the period up to 2025».
– «Draft Law on Amendments to the Law of Ukraine «On the Fundamentals of Social Protection of Persons with Disabilities in Ukraine» regarding employment and employment».
– «Discussion of the current state of affairs with the provision of educational and other rights of children and their families».
– Online meeting in the framework of the preparation by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the draft law «On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Social Protection of Persons with Disabilities».
– Online webinar «Inclusive Learning: Support and Resources for Daily Practice».
– Online webinar «From Accessibility to Universal Design. Security means, orientation, obtaining information when using the environment».