The Radio Engineering School numbers 84 teachers and employees (12 doctors of science, professors, 31 candidates of science) and 520 students.
The RES was founded in 1962 at Kharkiv Institute of Mining Machinery Manufacturing, Automation and Computing Machinery. In 1972 the School of Radio Equipment Design and Manufacture branched off the RES and the Departments of Radio Equipment Design and Radio Equipment Production Technology joined it. The Department of Radio Electronic Systems was established at the RES.
In 1975 the RES began training engineers of multichannel communication and the Department of Multichannel Electrical Communication was set up. In 20 years the School of Telecommunication and Measurement Engineering was established on the basis of this speciality.
In 1991 the RES started training engineers majoring in “Equipment of Radio Communication, Broadcasting and TV”.
In 2004 the RES began training specialists of the major “Information Security”, later – engineers with the specialization “System of Technical Information Security”, at present the RES trains specialists of the major “Systems of Technical Information Security, Automation of its Processing”.
The RES trains specialists of:
Specialty 122 – “Computer Science”,
- Specialization “Information and communication technologies”, (bachelor, master);
Specialty 125 – “Cybersecurity”,
- Specialization “Systems of Technical Information Security”, (bachelor, master);
Specialty 126 – “Information systems and technologies”,
- Specialization “Information Technology of the Internet of Things” (bachelor);
Specialty 171 – “Electronics”,
- Specialization «Systems, technologies and computer multimedia tools », (bachelor, master);
Specialty 172 – “Telecommunications and radioengineering”,
Specialization of bachelors:
- «Radio engineering»,
- «Renewable Energy sources Engineering».
Master’s specialization after the bachelor’s degree:
- «Radio engineering»,
- «Radio communication, broadcasting and television equipment»,
- Radio electronic devices, systems and complexes”,
- “Renewable Energy sources Engineering”.
The RES maintains and develops international relations with universities of France, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Mexico, in close cooperation contacts with the universities mentioned in holding joint scientific conferences, carrying out employees training and student exchanges.