The department carries out preparation of bachelors and masters of full-time education from:
- specialty 172 «Telecommunications and radio engineering» specializing in «Radioelectronic devices, systems and complexes» and «Renewable energy sources engineering»;
- specialty 122 «Computer Science and Information Technology», specialty «Information and Communication Technologies»;
- specialty 126 «Information systems and technologies» on the specialty «Information technologies of the Internet of things”.
And doctors of philosophy in the specialties:
- 172 «Telecommunications and radio engineering», specialization «Radio engineering devices and telecommunications»;
- 126 «Information systems and technologies», specialization «Information technologies of the Internet of things».
The department produces modern specialists in the field of radio technologies of information and communication systems.
Within the framework of international cooperation, the department co-operates with GlobalLogic (USA), Microsoft (USA), Triol (Russia), Owen (Russia), SMF Maschinenfabrik GmbH (Poland) in the field of conclusion of agreements on scientific and technical cooperation and cooperation in the training of personnel.
Scientific directions of the department: lidar and opto-electronic means in ecology, national economy and military science, development of lasers and on their basis – means for controlling impurities of technogenic origin in the troposphere and near-earth space; renewable energy engineering; research and development of wired and wireless digital media transmission systems; research and development of embedded information and communication systems based on modern microcontrollers and programmable logic integrated circuits; methods and means of information protection in information and communication systems; methods to increase noise immunity of information transmission channels in information and communication systems for various purposes; features of building radio systems millimeter range of radio waves.