Brief description of the specialty Telecommunications and radio engineering:
Within the framework of the specialty “Telecommunications and Radio Engineering” students study the principles of the construction and functioning of modern and advanced telecommunication, computer networks (wired and wireless, including Wi-Fi), mobile networks (2G, 3G, 4G), networks of digital television, fixed and mobile Internet, satellite communication, transmission systems and switching systems. Students study network programming, design and administration of networks, business organization in telecommunications, modern information technologies in information and communication systems, information protection in information and communication systems based on educational centers and international companies (Cisco, CS, Avaya, D-link, Samsung, Alcatel, AT @ T, Monis and others) and satellite and mobile Internet laboratories, radio frequency resource monitoring, access and switching systems, transport networks, cloud computing in Internet technologies and Internet access whose software and security technologies are new generations, systems and networks of cellular and mobile operators. Radio engineering is the basis of information and computer technologies that cover all the problems of transmission, reception, processing and storage of information, and the object of scientific activity of a specialist is the scientific study of mechanisms, systems and complexes of management, as well as the development, maintenance and improvement of computers’ computerized information processing systems.
Skills and competencies that a graduate will have:
1. Ability to control and diagnose the state of equipment and software of information and telecommunication networks, television and radio broadcasting networks, computer networks, transmission systems, switching systems, end user devices;
2. Ability to analyze the results of measuring the parameters and performance of information and telecommunication networks, transmission systems, switching systems, etc .;
3. Ability to participate in the design of new (modernization) of information and telecommunication networks;
4. Ability to administer the technical state of telecommunication network, control and synchronization of the communication network;
5. Ability to mount, debug and repair digital and optical modules of network equipment, cable network system;
6. Ability to perform prevention and rehabilitation of the equipment of information and telecommunication networks, transmission systems, switching systems, etc .;
7. Ability to provide nomenclature and normative quality of telecommunication services provision.
8. Ability to provide information security of information and telecommunication networks;
9. Basic knowledge of the theory of radio circuits, signals and electromagnetic fields;
10. Ability to work with software packages for computer design of electronic circuits, including the microwave range, which are used in the field of information radio technologies (GPS / GLONASS, Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, other networks with radio access , non-contact payment technology, digital television, satellite communications and television, special-purpose technology);
11. Skills in the programming of microcontrollers;
12. Knowledge of economic and social-legal disciplines that correspond to specialty;
13. Skills of development of radio engineering devices and systems;
14. Skills for repairing radio equipment;
15. Skills in the installation of communication equipment, broadcasting and television.