Svitlana V. Chumachenko
+38 (057) 702-13-26
Honors and Awards
According to the results of the regional competition “Talent Pool is a New Force of Ukraine” (2002)
S.V. Chumachenko is a holder of the third Degree Certificate which is included into the data base of the best specialists of the region. She got a diploma “The Best Lecturer of KhNURE of 2003”.
As a member of the research team she became a winner of the research projects competition in the area of computer-aided design of integrated circuits (from Intel Corporation, 2003).
S.V. Chumachenko is a holder of the City Award “The Best Young Scientist of Kharkiv” (the Diploma of the City Mayor) in the nomination “Scientific Activity” (2004).
She got a Certificate of Merit and a Certificate of Appreciation of the KhNURE Rector for steady and diligent work, for creative attitude to her duties (2004, 2005, 2010).
For significant achievements in science she got grants named after G.F. Proskura (in engineering sciences) from Kharkiv Regional Administration (2005). S.V. Chumachenko is a holder of the Certificate of International Recognition from IEEE Computer Society for voluntary work in organizing scientific symposia – “IEEE Certificate of Appreciation for Significant Services to East-West Design and Test Symposium for over Three Years” (2006).
For her long-term, conscientious work, for considerable contribution to the development of education and science, for training highly qualified specialists she was given a Certificate of Appreciation from the Dzerzhinsky District Administration (2010).
1986 – 1991 – Kharkiv State University (nowadays – Kharkiv National University named after V.N. Karazin), School of Mechanics and Mathematics, speciality – mathematics, qualification – mathematician, teacher of mathematics (diploma UV 81994), Graduation thesis –“Toroidal Functions and Some of their Applications.”
1994 – 1997 – Post-Graduate student, Department of Theoretical Radio Physics, Kharkiv National University named after V.N. Karazin.
1999 – Cand. Sc. (Physics and Mathematics), thesis defense – November 24, 1999. Diploma of the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles, DK № 006036, March 15, 2000, Kharkiv State Technical University of Radio Electronics (nowadays Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics), speciality 01.04.03 – Radio Physics, dissertation thesis – “Steady-State Oscillations and Unsteady Electromagnetic Fields in Cylindrical Cavities of Irregular Shape.”
2002 – Associate Professor, Department of Digital Design Automation, KhNURE,Certificate of the Ministry of Education and Science DS № 005494, October 17, 2002.
2002 – 2005 – Doctoral Studies, Kharkiv NationalUniversityofRadioElectronics, Professor,Department of Digital Design Automation.
2008 – Dr. Sc. (Technology), thesis defense – 24.06.2008. Diploma of the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles (Ukraine), DD № 007283, April 28, 2009,Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics, speciality 01.05.02 –Mathematical Modeling and Computing Methods, doctoral thesis – “Modeling Nonlinear Objects with Distributed Parameters Based on Reproducing Kernels”.
2011 – Professor, Department of Digital Design Automation, KhNURE, Certificate of the Ministry of Education and Science 12 PR № 007157, 01.07.2011.
2013 – The Head of Department of Digital Design Automation.
1993 – 1995, 1999 – 2000 – Teacher, Pre-University Courses for Foreign students, Kharkiv State University.
1999 – 2001 – Instructor,Kharkiv National University.
2001 – 2009 – Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Department of Digital Design Automation, KhNURE.
2001 – 2011 – Associate Professor, Professor,International Solomon University.
2005 – present – Deputy Dean, School of Computer Engineering and Control, KhNURE.
2009 – present – Professor, Department of Digital Design Automation, KhNURE.
Lecture Courses: Mathematics and Informatics – for foreign students of Pre-University Courses.
Fundamentals of discrete mathematics, subsections of mathematics, special subsections of discrete mathematics (for Internet technologies) – for full-time and extra-mural students.
Methodological Support: course of lectures in discrete mathematics, course of lectures in special subsections of mathematics, methodological guidelines (discrete mathematics for full-time and extra-mural students), curricula of the given lecture courses, electronic textbook in “Discrete Mathematics” for distance learning, a set of slide lectures in “Discrete Mathematics”, “Subsections of Discrete Mathematics”, test questions for self-testing and current control.
- Mathematical Modeling and Computing Methods;
- Theory of Series;
- Methods of Discrete Optimization;
- Technology of Knowledge Testing;
- Creation of the Computer-Aided System for Logic Simulation, Fault Diagnostics of Digital Devices;
- Design Automation for Educational Purposes in the Area of Computer Engineering.
Research and Development Projects:
- 1991 – 1993 – Contracted research for scientific and production enterprise “Mir”(mathematician-programmer);
- 2007 – 2008 – responsible for the state-funded applied research work “Energy-Efficient Information Technology Based on Parallel Computing Processes, Wireless Systems and Networks”, № GR0107U001540;
- 2009 – 2011 – responsible for the state-funded fundamental research work “Section 232-1 – Models of Software and Hardware Design of Energy-Efficient Digital Computing Systems Based on Chips for Simulating Human Capabilities Using Robotic System”, № GR 0109U001646;
- 2011 – 2013 – responsible for the state-funded fundamental research work “A Multiprocessor Search, Identification (Recognition) and Decision-Making System for a Computer-Based Ecosystem”;
- 2011 – Fundamental research work “Conceptual Model Development of Verification Process of Digital Systems Design Taking into Account Restrictions in UPF Format for Efficient Electricity Consumption (customer – Aldek Inc., the USA);
- 2012 – 2014 – responsible for the state-funded fundamental research work “Personal Virtual Cyber Computer and Infrastructure of Cyberspace Analysis”; Supervisor of the post-graduate training.
Social and International Activity
Contracted research within scientific and technological cooperation “Strategic Partnership” with Aldek Inc. (USA), 10.03.2000.
S.V. Chumachenko took part in organization of international conferences “Design in Academic Activity” on 26.04.20011, 15.10.2011, 17–18.10.2002 as a contributor.
Since 2003 – present – Executive Secretary of the Annual International Scientific Symposium “IEEE East-West Design and Test Symposium”.
Executive Secretary of the scientific and technical journal “Radio Electronics and Informatics” and interdepartmental scientific and technical collection of scientific articles “Automated Control Systems and Control Equipment”.
2009-2011 – member of the Committee responsible for arranging and conducting All Ukrainian Academic Competition in technical diagnostics.