KHARKIV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF RADIO ELECTRONICS
Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics, NURE, is one of the most distinctly profiled universities in Ukraine, where applied IT and innovation for sustainable are in focus. NURE has the vision to conduct education and research in which engineering and IT can be integrated with other disciplines.
Everything we do at NURE has three distinct perspectives: innovation, sustainability and in real life, which means collaboration and exchange with both the business and industry as well as society.
Let me welcome you to NURE and a lifelong experience.
NURE is first among the best!
In 1930, the Kharkov Institute of Engineering and Construction (HIBI) was founded on the basis of the building faculty of the Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute (KHPI) and the Architectural Faculty of the Kharkiv Art Institute. In 1934, the HIBI included: the Kharkiv Geodetic Institute and the Research Institute of Geodesy and Cartography. In 1941 1734 students were studying, about 200 teachers trained at 4 faculties: Architectural; Building; Plumbing; Geodetic
In 1944, HIBI was transformed into the Kharkiv Mining and Industrial Institute of the Coal Industry of the USSR (HHII). Faculties: machine-building (2 specialties: mining engineering and engineering technology); mining electromechanical; industrial transport.
In 1947 the Kharkiv Mining and Industrial Institute was transformed into the Kharkiv Mining Institute of the USSR Mining University. Departments: Mining; shaft building; mining electromechanical; industrial transport.
In 1962, KHII was transformed into the Kharkov Institute of Mining Engineering, Automation and Computer Technology (HIGMAVT). Faculties: automation of production processes in the mining industry; radio engineering; mining machinery.
In 1966, KHIGMAOT was renamed the Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics (HIRE). Faculties: In 1966: Automation; computer technology; radio engineering; radiophysical; electronics; mining machinery. In 1972: control systems; radio equipment design; radio engineering; computer technology; electronics In the early 1970s, KhIRA trained engineers in 7 specialties: 0606 – automation and telemechanics; 0608 – mathematical and computational-decoding devices; 0611 – electronic devices; 0612 – industrial electronics; 0704 – radio physics and electronics; 0701 – radio engineering; 0705 – design and technology of radio equipment production.
In 1981, the Institute was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, and in 1982 he was named after the outstanding scientist and designer of rocket and space technology, academician M.K. Yangel
In 1993, the Kharkov Institute of Radio Electronics was transformed into the Kharkov State Technical University of Radioelectronics (CDTURE).
The current name since 2001. The university has 8 faculties, 33 departments. The University study more than 7000 students of various forms of training on 46 specialties from 7 areas of knowledge.
The University is a permanent partner in joint projects of the international programs of the European Union (Tempus, Erasmus), the United Nations Development Program, the British Council, NATO.
About 100 Doctors of Sciences, Professors, 350 PhD, associate professors work at the university, the department of postgraduate and doctoral studies in 14 specialties, 7 specialized councils for defending theses.
The scientific library contains more than 1.5 million paper copies. The electronic library has access to the information bases of the world information space. Six scientific journals are published, IEEE scientific conferences are held in the University. Educational and scientific laboratories, thanks to the most modern equipment, carry out research that allows them to realize their potential and integrate into the world academic space.
There is a positive dynamics of the University in national and world rankings:
- in the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities as of July 2018 NURE is ranked 16th among Ukrainian universities. In January 2018 it was 17th position. Including, according to the Excellence (quality or scientific) indicator, which shows the number of scientists, which are included in the best 10% of the most quoted according to Scimago’s calculations, NURE is ranked 10th;
- in the Transparent Ranking (Top Universities by Google Scholar Citations) from Webometrics, NURE ranked 25th as compared to 41 in July 2017;
- in the rating of the publishing service “URAN” by order of Освіта.ua according to the SciVerse Scopus data base indicators in 2018, the University takes the 20th place among 165 Ukrainian universities, in comparison with 2017 – the 18th place (among 136 Ukrainian universities)
- in the web-popularity ranking 4ICU (UniRank) in 2018, the University took the 32th place among 171 Ukrainian universities in comparison with the 38th place in 2017;
- in the international rating of scientific organizations SCImago Institutions Rankings 2018 NURE ranked 13th with 25 scientific organizations of Ukraine. In 2017 – 15 place out of 24 organizations;
- in the ranking of the publication activity of scientific organizations Nature Index, which is based on the global impact factor, in 2018, KNURE ranked 8th among 13 Ukrainian universities;
- NURE is included in the 28 Ukrainian universities represented in the international comparative rating U-Multirank, including in the direction of Research takes 3rd place. In 2018 NURE became a member of three international nominations: Economic Engagement Ranking; Research and Research Linkages Ranking and Applied Knowledge Partnerships Ranking;
- in the rating of “TOP-200 Ukraine” in 2018, the University ranks 23rd;
- in the “Consolidated rating of higher educational institutions of Ukraine”, the University in 2018 ranked 20th among 237 universities;
- in the ranking of Kharkiv universities in 2018, the University takes 6th place;
- in the DOU-2018 rating of NURE for the second consecutive year, it takes 3rd place;
Our beautiful campus consists of 10 educational buildings and 8 student dormitories.
The University provides a wide range of programs in technical specialties – from microelectronics and nanotechnology to artificial intelligence and media systems, from radio and biomedical engineering to computer science. We maintain the balance of research and education and encourage open thinking, we adhere to the principles of tolerance and multiculturalism.
Our slogan – Cogita audaciter, genera ideas!
In honor of the university named small planet – 10681 HTURE.