Professor of the Department of Physical Fundamentals of Electronic Equipment, Member of STC, Member of Specialized Scientific Council, IEEE Senior Member, Chief Editor of «Applied Radio Electronics», the scientific leader of the educational-research laboratory "Electronics-Orion" and the research laboratory "Microwave Technologies", doctor of Physics and Mathematics Sciences, professor
Education and Career
Diploma Engineer in Electronics (B.Sc.&M.Sc. Degree), Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics.
- Bachelor Degree, 1972, Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics
- Master Degree, 1974, Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics
- Title of Docent (similar to Associate Professor), obtained from Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine, 1996.
- Professor Title, Obtained from Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine, 2001
- Title of Chair Professor, obtained from Harbin Institute of Technology, Chine, 2016.
- PhD, 1981, Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics
- Title of Senior Research Scientist, obtained from Ministry of Education of Former USSR, 1987.
- Doctor of Science in Physics & Mathematics Degree, Institute of Radio Physics and Electronics of the National Academy of Science of Ukraine, 1997.
- Member of the American Institute of Engineers and Electricians (IEEE), 1997.
- Member of the European Microwave Association, European Microwave Association, 2009.
- IEEE Senior Member Grade, obtained from the IEEE, 2000.
- Academician Title, Academy of Science of Applied Radio Electronics, 2002.
CURRENT RESEARCH INTEREST:
- physical processes in systems of particles with electromagnetic interaction;
- influence of high-power microwave electromagnetic radiation to the electronic equipments;
- microwave theory and techniques;
- dynamical chaos in microwave electronic and optoelectronic devices;
- computer modeling of electron-wave and electromagneticproblems in microwave electron devices including noise phenomena.
- Participating in international scientific projects of the STCU, 2009 – 2011.
- Reading lectures at universities and companies abroad:
- The Iranian company “Mongtader Engineering Co.”, 2009;
- Sharif University, Tehran, 2010 – 2012.
- Seoul University, South Korea, 2010.
- Institute of Photonics, Wuhu, Chine, 2017.
- Editor-in-chief of the scientific and technical journal “Applied Radio Electronics”.
- An expert of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on the Section “Electronics, radio engineering and telecommunications”, Vice- chair of the Section.
- Member of editorial board of magazines: “Applied radio electronics”, “Microwave engineering and devices” and “Electronics and communication”
Awards and prizes
- IEEE Appreciation Certificate to Gennadiy Churyumov, Vice-Chair of SPS Ukraine, Kharkov Chapter, obtained from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) (USA), 2014.
- The commendation from Prime-Ministry of Ukraine, obtained from Prime-Ministry of Ukraine, 2011
- The award from Minister of Education & Science of Ukraine, obtained from Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine, 2009.
- IEEE Appreciation Certificate to Gennadiy Churyumov, Chair of the SP/AP/C/EMC Kharkov Chapter Ukraine Section, obtained from the IEEE , 2008
Publications and patents
More 320 scientific publicationsfrom which more100 articles in different refereed journals.
More 50 patents.