On the territory of Ukraine for the period of quarantine related to the COVID-19 pandemic it is
– staying in public buildings and structures, public transport without wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators or protective masks (including self-made) that cover the nose and mouth;
– being on the streets without identity documents, confirming citizenship or its special status, arbitrarily leaving places of self-isolation, observation;
– crossing the state border by foreigners and stateless persons, permanently residing in Ukraine, and persons recognized as refugees, or persons in need of additional protection, without an existing insurance policy (certificate) valid for the period of stay in Ukraine, that is issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine, or a foreign insurance company that has a representative office in Ukraine or a contractual relationship with an insurance company – a partner in Ukraine (assistance), and covers the costs associated with the treatment of COVID-19 and observation.
A person who does not have an insurance policy (certificate, certificate), an authorized official of the state border protection unit refuses to cross the state border in the manner prescribed by Article 14 of the Law of Ukraine “On Border Control”:
– crossing of entry points into temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol and departure from them by foreigners and stateless persons without an existing insurance policy (certificate) valid for the period of stay in Ukraine, that is issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine, or a foreign insurance company that has a representative office in Ukraine or a contractual relationship with an insurance company – a partner in Ukraine (assistance), and covers the costs associated with the treatment of COVID-19.
One of the quarantine measures is self-isolation.
Self-isolation is carried out in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the number of patients with severe COVID-19. In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and monitor self-isolation, the electronic service “Actions at home” of the Unified state web portal of electronic services (hereinafter referred to as the system) is used.
Self-isolation is subject to:
– persons who have had contact with a patient with a confirmed case of COVID-19, except for persons who used personal protective equipment in the course of their duties in accordance with the recommendations for their use;
– persons with suspected infection or with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 in mild form, provided that the person does not require hospitalization;
– persons crossing the state border and arriving from the state or are citizens (subjects) of states with a significant spread of COVID-19 (except for persons under 12 years of age), are citizens (subjects) of states with a significant spread of COVID-19 and were not on the territory of such states during the last 14 days or go through the territory of Ukraine in transit and have documents confirming departure abroad within two days. A country with a high prevalence of COVID-19 is a country that has one of the following characteristics:
– the number of new cases of COVID-19 per 100 thousand population in the last 14 days exceeds the number of such cases in Ukraine;
– the increase in new cases of COVID-19 in the country in the last 14 days compared to the previous 14 days is more than 30 percent.
The list of countries with a high prevalence of COVID-19 is compiled by the Ministry of Health and reviewed every seven days.
A person who is subject to self-isolation, in connection with the crossing of the state border, is obliged to install and activate the mobile application of the system (hereinafter – the mobile application). If this is not possible, the person is subject to observation.
Self-isolation, observation of a person in connection with crossing the state border (who came from the state or is a citizen (subject) of the state with a significant spread of COVID-19) is terminated in case of a negative COVID-19 test by polymerase chain reaction, which was carried out after crossing the state border or no later than 48 hours before the crossing.
The system enters information about people who need self-isolation:
personally – in case of crossing the border by a person in the presence of grounds for self-isolation;
by the attending physician – the persons suspected of being infected or persons suffering from COVID-19 and do not require hospitalization, the list of persons who have had contact with a patient with a confirmed case of COVID-19;
by employees of emergency medical care facilities – on the transfer of information on the treatment of persons suspected of being infected with COVID-19;
by employees of state institutions of the Ministry of Health of epidemiological profile – in relation to persons who had contact with a patient with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and are at risk of spreading the disease.
In consent with the attending physician or employees of state institutions of the Ministry of Health of the epidemiological profile, the person in need of self-isolation enters the necessary information into the system, independently through a mobile application.
The self-isolation period is 14 days for persons who:
– had contact with a patient with COVID-19, except for persons who in the performance of official duties used personal protective equipment in accordance with the recommendations for their use, from the moment of contact with the patient;
– have crossed the state border and are self-isolated using the system through a mobile application, from the moment of crossing the state border.
The obligation of self-isolation shall be terminated automatically upon the expiration of the period of self-isolation or on other grounds established by this resolution.
The established period of self-isolation can be changed in accordance with industry standards in the field of health care.
In the case of self-isolation, the system enters information about:
1) surname, name, patronymic of the person;
3) date of birth;
4) the place of self-isolation determined by the person (in case the person does not provide information about the place of self-isolation, the place of self-isolation is considered to be the registered place of residence of the person);
5) registered place of residence of the person;
6) means of communication (telephone number);
7) place of work, educational institution with indication of their addresses;
8) the possibility of providing care for the person by other persons;
9) state of health (in particular about the course of COVID-19 disease, the results of research by the method of polymerase chain reaction, the hospitalization of the person);
10) contact persons (if any);
11) the period of self-isolation.
The attending physician enters into the system information about patients in whom a case of COVID-19 has been confirmed and who does not require hospitalization, and also forms a list of contact persons based on the information provided by patients.
Employees of state institutions of the Ministry of Health of epidemiological profile in the process of epidemiological investigation verify the list of contact persons and supplement information on persons in need of self-isolation, taking into account the development of COVID-19, establish obligations for self-isolation of such persons.
Persons in need of self-isolation are obliged to be constantly in the place of self-isolation determined by them, to refrain from contact with persons other than those with whom they live together.
Current control over a person’s stay in a place of self-isolation is carried out at the choice of the person in one of the following ways:
by employees of the National Police, the National Guard in accordance with the internal procedure of measures for control over self-isolation, state institutions of the Ministry of Health of epidemiological profile, officials, authorized bodies of local self-government;
by using the system through a mobile application.
The person is considered to have chosen to carry out the current control using the system through the mobile application, from the moment of authorization in it. Until the moment of authorization, the current control is carried out by employees of the National Police, the National Guard, state institutions of the Ministry of Health of epidemiological profile, officials, and authorized bodies of local self-government.
Ongoing control using the system through the mobile application is carried out using a set of information, in particular by checking the correspondence of the face photo to the reference photo taken during the installation of the mobile application and the geolocation of the mobile phone at the time of photography.
After installing the mobile application at any time during the day, the person receives a message (push-message). If you receive a message, the person must take a photo of their face within 15 minutes using the mobile application.
In case of non-compliance with the geolocation or photo, lack of communication with a person via the mobile app, deletion, or restrictions on the transfer of information via the mobile app, a notification of a violation of the obligation to self-isolation is sent to the National police authorities. Sending a message is the basis for further implementation by the National Police, the National Guard bodies of monitoring the implementation of the obligation of self-isolation.
Current control by employees of the National Police, the National Guard, state institutions of the Ministry of Health of the epidemiological profile, officials authorized by local governments, is carried out by checking the actual stay of persons at their addresses of self-isolation.
In order to carry out current control on the streets, in parks and other public places, employees of the National Police, National Guard, officials authorized by local governments conduct a random check of identity documents, confirm citizenship or special status. Upon electronic request of these authorized persons, the system shall be provided with information on whether the person needs self-isolation (in particular, on the extension of the exceptions provided for in paragraph 34 of this resolution).
If possible, the social support is provided to other persons in need of self-isolation. Social protection bodies enter into the system information on the impossibility of providing social support to persons who are not ill with COVID-19.
Persons in need of self-isolation (except for persons with a laboratory-confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19) and for whom the social security authorities have entered into the system information about the impossibility of their social support or for whom current control is carried out using a mobile application, are allowed:
twice a day to walk pets for no more than one hour a day, provided the use of personal protective equipment, including respirators without an exhalation valve or medical masks without an exhalation valve;
to visit places of sale of food, hygiene products, medicines, medical devices, which are located at a distance of not more than 2 kilometers from the place of self-isolation, daily for two hours a day, provided personal protective equipment, including respirators without exhalation valve or medical masks without exhalation valve.
A person who is in self-isolation has the right to seek medical assistance. In urgent cases, a person who is self-isolated will seek emergency medical assistance.
Persons who fail to report that they cannot comply with the obligation to self-isolate themselves (including using a mobile app when crossing the state border) are subject to monitoring.
Persons staying in observatories, except for meals, are free of charge.
Persons who are in the observatories may receive personal belongings, food (except for alcoholic beverages and items prohibited for storage) and are obliged to follow the rules established by the administration of the place of observation.
Transportation of persons from the place of observation to the places of residence is carried out at the own expense of the persons.
Stay in the observatories of foreigners and stateless persons (except for foreigners, stateless persons permanently residing in Ukraine and persons recognized as refugees, or persons in need of additional protection) is paid by the insurer in accordance with the policy (certificate) of insurance costs associated with the observation, or such persons themselves.