1990 – Engineer – system analytic in Automated design systems subject is obtained at Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics.
Public and international activities
Involvement to the International Projects:
1. ICT-project KEYSTONE (Semantic keyword-based search on structured data sources) № ІС 1302 programme COST within Horizon 2020 (2013 – 2017).
Objective: to launch and establish a cooperative network of researchers, practitioners, and application domain specialists working in fields related to semantic data management, the Semantic Web, artificial intelligence, machine learning and natural language processing, that coordinates collaboration among them to enable research activity and technology transfer in the area of keyword-based search over structured data sources.
Role: member of Management Committee as observer.
Project results: joint published works, short term scientific missions (grants for research), summer schools, conferences.
2. Project 516935-TEMPUS-1-2011-1-FITEMPUS-SMGR (2011-2015).
Title: “Towards Trust in Quality Assurance Systems – TRUST”.
Objective: to support the reforms of Ukrainian Higher Education (HE) by introducing a common, innovative, policy neutral, Quality Assurance (QA) framework and supporting Ecosystem for this framework that enables mutual understanding, trust between different national and international QA actors/decision makers, and also (what is more important) will guarantee trusted decisions in QA process.
Main outcomes of the project: National Concept for quality assurance of higher education and its methodological support, legislative acts which implemented the project solutions, Semantic Ontology-based Portal as supporting instrument for quality assurance in higher education.
3. EU TEMPUS SM_SCM-T020B06-2006 (UA) (2007-2008).
Title of the project: “Towards Transparent Ontology-Based Accreditation” The objective of the project is to improve the accreditation, licensing and ranking procedures for Ukrainian universities towards transparency using new ontology-based information technology.
Results of the project are developed and introduced the new improved approach for accreditation, licensing and ranking of Ukrainian universities, technologically and methodically supported, implemented, verified and supplied by trained staff; the transparent documentation and online distance training system for fast retraining of personnel.
4. Joint Virtual Learning Programme in the field of Information Technologies (2006–today).
Brief description: joint student teams from Ukrainian (KNURE, AI Department) and France (Faculty of IT, ITESCIA, Cergy-Pontoise) create innovative ideas for student start-ups in the field of information technologies and develop business plans under the supervision of French and Ukrainian experts in Information Technologies and Entrepreneurship (main study mode – teleconferences).
5. Student Exchange (Joint System Development Project) within Virtual Learning Programme (September 2008).
Brief description: team of 10 students from French IT-Institute, Cergy-Pontoise visited KNURE to participate in Entrepreneurship seminars together with their Ukrainian students fellows and to improve a business plans, to develop legal structure, to make a presentation of business plans to professional audience of Ukrainian business companies’ representatives.
6. EU TEMPUS TACIS Compact Project UM_CP-20560-1999 (1999-2001).
Title of the project: Development of New Framework for the M.Sc. Thesis Work The objective of the project is to strengthen the links between partner universities, western universities and industry as contribution to the reform of the Higher Education system in the partner country.
The results of the project are developed a new framework for management of students’ M.Sc. thesis work and the procedure of assigning the M.Sc. degree to students in order to: guarantee the academic independence for students; evaluate theoretical and applied thesis; provide credit-based evaluation for internal courses, taken at the partner university; provide credit-based evaluation for practical placements of students; allow credit transfer from other universities; assign the M.Sc. degree under the credit-based framework.
Above mentioned developed framework became a base for the management of the double degree programs described below.
7. Double Degree Master Programs on Mobile Computing (2000-2005) and Mobile Technologies and Business (2011-2013).
Brief description: The program was started in late 1999 on the basis of the agreement between the Department of Artificial Intelligence (KNURE), and the Faculty of Information Technologies (University of Jyväskylä).
According to the Program a group of 40 students (exchange candidates) was selected in KNURE in early January of each exchange year. Every year special evening Spring semester was organised for this group, where these students passed ten special courses in addition to their main studies in Ukraine. These courses partially covered the gap between the Ukrainian curriculum and the Finnish curriculum. To facilitate course recognition and credit transfer to the University of Jyväskylä the Program organisers developed the curriculum for the group in both Ukrainian type of diploma supplement and in ECTS credit transfer system.
8. Double Degree Master Program on Artificial Intelligence (2000 – 2005).
Brief description: The program was started in late 1999 on the basis of the agreement between the Department of Artificial Intelligence (KNURE), and Department of Artificial Intelligence (Vrije Universiteit of Amsterdam).
According to the Program 6 students have already finished their studies in Vrije Universiteit of Amsterdam according to Artificial Intelligence line.
Finally, more than 80 Ukrainian students have already obtained M.Sc. degree and more than 27 of them obtained PhD degree in partner universities.
Grant №2501661 of Open Society Institute (“East-East”) for participation in the “Information Technologies in Education” international conference, Yerevan, Armenia, 13-17.06.2005.
• Certificate of an Intensive course on issues of management of students’ M.Sc. thesis work, credit-based evaluation for courses / projects and using the credit transfer system for realizing the double-degree progremmes, organized by the Univeristy of Jyvaskyla, Finland, from the 05th to 22nd of December 2001 within the TEMPUS TACIS Compact Project UM_CP-20560- 1999.
• Certificate of an Intensive course on issues of governance structures of higher education,
assessment research quality, national and EU level of QA in Finland, organized by the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland, from the 11th to the 22nd of February 2012 within the Tempus project «Towards Trust in Quality Assurance Systems» funded by the European Commission, Contract #516935-TEMPUS-1- 2011-1- FITEMPUS-SMGR.
• Certificate of an Intensive course on issues of innovation initiatives, knowledge transfer to industry, information systems to support academic activities, organized by Department of Engenharia Informatica of Univeristy of Coimbra, from the 23d January to the 3d February 2012 within the Tempus project «Towards Trust in Quality Assurance Systems» funded by the European Commission, Contract #516935-TEMPUS- 1-2011- 1-FITEMPUS-SMGR.
• Certificate of an participation in the International Workshop on the development of sustainable business model for functioning of Web Portals organized by University of Coimbra, from the 18th to the 25th October 2013 within the Tempus project «Towards Trust in Quality Assurance Systems» funded by the European Commission, Contract #516935-TEMPUS- 1-2011-1-FITEMPUS-SMGR.