Students study the mechanisms of creating a complex system of information and cyber security of modern information and infocommunication systems, information and cyber security management in accordance with the international standards of information security of the ISO27K series; mechanisms for providing information security of telecommunication and computer networks, mechanisms for providing web-security, security of banking systems and e-commerce systems, incident investigation mechanisms, risk management and audit of information and cyber security systems.
Description of educational program of Information Security Management:
Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics takes part in the European programs Tempus and Erasmus + within the framework of the educational program “Information Security Management”.
The Department of Infocommunication Engineering is an active participant of the project and coordinator from the Ukrainian side of the ENGENSEC consortium of the European program Tempus – training of specialists in cyber security of next generation.
The framework of the European program Erasmus+ includes student exchange with the Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden. In June 2017, the Faculty of Infocommunications signed an agreement on student exchange under the double diploma program for the Master’s degree program in “Cyber Security” with the Technological Institute of Bleckinge (BTH), Karlskrona, Sweden.
Skills and competences that a Bachelor’s degree student will possess in the educational program of Information Security Management:
- Knowledge of programming languages: Java, C ++, C #, Python;
- Creation, implementation, monitoring and improvement of information security management systems of enterprises (institutions);
- Audit of enterprises (institutions) for information security
- Software development for detecting malware and cyber-attacks;
- Development and use of software and software-hardware complexes for cyber security;
- Conducting forensic examination of cyber-attacks in cybernetic space;
- Administration of secure computer and telecommunication networks;
- Monitoring of critical parameters of information systems;
- Response to incidents of information security;
- Assessment of information security risks.
A graduate in the Information Security Management educational program can work as :
- A specialist in the development of secure software on C / C ++ / C # / JAVA / Python;
- An information security manager;
- An engineer, specialist, chief specialist in information security;
- A head of information security department;
- An auditor of information security systems;
- A developer of systems and means of information protection;
- An administrator of information security;
- An analyst of information security;
- A head of projects on information security;
- An officer of cyber security special forces.
Training and laboratory base:
The Department of Infocommunication Engineering deployed CISCO Networking Academy, NURE IT Academy training center, Laboratory of Next Generation Networks, Laboratory of Access Systems, Laboratory of Technical Information Security, Laboratory of Mobile Communication. In 2018, a cyber-polygon was put into operation to study cloud technologies, which was purchased by the European Union under the European program Tempus – training specialists in cyber security of next generation.
Educational program of Information Security Management is a systematic approach to training highly qualified specialists in cyber security.Curriculum (EPP, 2019) Educational-Professional Program «Information Security Management» (2019) Curriculum (EPP, 2018) Educational-Professional Program «Information Security Management» (2018) Curriculum (EPP, 2020) Educational-Professional Program «Information Security Management» (2020)