Activity of a methodical department is directed on the organization and improvement of scientific – methodical work at university, on coordination of work of the methodical commissions of faculties and departments on scientific – methodical questions of their activity.
- development of instructions, regulations and other documents aimed at optimizing the general methodological work,
- analysis and monitoring of training and methodical support of the educational process in all areas of training (specialties) and forms of education,
- coordinating the activities of methodical commissions monitoring the content of the educational process and operating in the structure of the university,
- learning and transfer of best practices in scientific and teaching work to young teachers, organization of lectures, seminars, and schools for young teachers,
- organization of joint work with faculties and departments on the implementation of modern educational technologies and methods of teaching in higher education,
- development and implementation of plans for the publication of educational materials in areas of training (specialties) and monitoring of their realization,
- work on rated criteria of university concerning type of methodical work,
- informing the academic units of the University about external learning activities,
- consultations on matters under the responsibility of the department (preparation of manuscripts for publication, and their expertise to meet the curriculum and programs of work, etc.)
- participation in the organization of training of the teaching staff,
- conducting documentation on the work of the department.