Radio Astronomy Research Laboratory of B.L. Kashcheev
The B.L. Kashcheev Radio Astronomy Research Laboratory of KHNURE operates as a division of KHNUREs scientific research departments (SRD) (following the KHNURE Rector Order № 138 from the 5th. June 2007).
room 613-A, Building "I"
+38 (057) 700-22-84
Head of the department
Voloshchuk, Yuri Ivanovich
professor of the KNURE "Network Communications" Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor.
Main research directions
- Observation of meteors in the earth atmosphere and meteoroids as consistent in the Solar system with radars.
- Development of radar facilities and methods of meteor research.
- Application of radar methods, tools, approaches, as well as results of radar observations in the solution of modern astronomy problems, Radio Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology and Cosmogony.
- Studies of meteor complexes and small bodies in the Solar system.
- Genetic relationships of small bodies in the Solar system, hazards of asteroid comets.
- Databases in meteor astronomy.
- Advanced KHNURE electronic database of meteor orbital data.
- New methods of cluster analysis of the asteroids orbital data of comets and meteoroids, which take into account the cause-effect relationships in the dynamics of the interplanetary solid component in the Solar system. Generate algorithms for implementing this method.
- The algorithm of estimating the probability of loss on the earth surface, concerning identified parent bodies of meteor streams.
- Algorithms accounting the selectivity factors for interpretation of meteor data.
- Programs and algorithms for calculating velocities and orbits of meteoroids and meteor streams with function of building the set of distributions.