Department of Radio Engineering Fundamentals
The department was founded in Kharkiv Electrotechnical Institute in 1946. Since 1997 it has been called the Department of Radio Engineering Fundamentals (DREF).
room 417, 418
+38 (057) 702 14 30,
+38 (057) 702 14 79
Head of Radio Engineering Fundamentals Department
Ivan E. Antipov
Dr. Sc. (Technology), professor
Students study subjects in detail that are concerned with modern radio technologies and technologies of technical information security.
The department trains specialists (Bachelors, Specialists, Masters) in majors:
- 6.07090101 - Radio Engineering, speciality 7.05090101, 8.0590101 – Radio Engineering;
- 6.170102 - Systems of Technical Information Security, speciality 7.170102 – Systems of Technical Information Security and Automation of its Processing.
The department has modern equipment that forms the base of the laboratories of:
- satellite network technologies of high precision positioning;
- antennas and microwave facilities;
- signals and processes in radio engineering;
- circuit theory fundamentals;
- computer networks with radio access;
- technical object security systems;
- technical research on technical information security.