Mykhaylo P. Suknov
Head of the Department, Cand. Sc. (Education), Professor, member of the International Academy of Applied Radio Electronics of Ukraine, Russia and Belarus.
+38 057 702 13 49
Born on October 28, 1952 in Belgorod town (Russia).
In 1976 he graduated from the School of Foreign Languages of Kharkiv O.M.Gorkyi State University (speciality: “Interpreter consultant, teacher of English”).
In 1984 M.P. Suknov joined Kharkiv State Pedagogical Institute.
Since 1989 he has been an instructor and later – an assistant professor of Kharkiv Institute of Radio Electronics.
In 1991 he headed the Department of Foreign Languages.
In 1994 he was awarded an International House certificate (London) on methods of teaching English and in 1995 he got a second higher degree on the speciality “Management of Foreign Economic Activity”.
Research Interests - pedagogics, methodology of teaching foreign languages.
Public and international activities
He has worked abroad (Ethiopia, Angola, Iraq) as an interpreter/ translator.
Publications and patents
- “Effect of computer technology for controlling students’ academic progress on forming cognitive independence”. Pedagogics and psychology: Collection of scientific works. – Kharkiv: 2004 - №25;
- “Solving the problem of classifying computer programmes of training systems", Pedagogics and psychology: Collection of scientific works. – Kharkiv: 2004 – №26;
- "Pedagogical conditions of using computer technology in the process of teaching a foreign language to students of an engineering higher educational establishment", Humanization of teaching and educational process: Collection of scientific works. – Sloviansk: Publishing centre of SSPI, 2004;
- "Forming innovation orientation of students as a condition of using computer technologies in a foreign language learning", Pedagogics, psychology, medical and biological problems of physical training and sport: Collection of scientific works. – Kharkiv: Kharkiv State Academy of Arts, 2005;
- “Didactic bases of computerizing the process of professional training of students of higher educational institutions”, Materials of the 1st International scientific and practical conference "Scientific potential of the world 2004”. Vol. 40. Problems of training specialists. – Dnipropetrovs’k: Science and Education, 2004;
- "The role and place of control in the teaching and educational process”, Culture of language in relation to profession. Materials of the 2nd All-Ukrainian scientific and practical conference” Culture of speech in the format of operation of systems of the Ministry of Emergency Situations: Problems and Perspectives.” – December 14-15, 2004;
- “Efficiency of organizing the control of students’ learning in credit-modular education”, Novy kolegium. Scientific journal. – Kharkiv: 2007. – № 11; “Pedagogical conditions of using computer technology when controlling students’ progress in a foreign language at an engineering higher educational establishment”, Novy kolegium. Scientific journal. – Kharkiv: 2007 – № 12;
- “The English language: Tutorial for 1st and 2nd year students of computer and radio engineering specialities”. Recommended by the MSEU as a tutorial for students of higher educational establishments. The letter of the MSEU № 1-4/18-Г-1045 of 13.05.2008, SMIT Company, 2007;
- “Control, assessment and account of students’ progress in a modular system”, Concept of a teacher in multicultural environment. (Present-day problems. Culture, art, pedagogics). – Kharkiv: Styl’-Izdat, January 2008;
- “Credit-modular education as a social order as to the development of higher educational system in Ukraine", Concept of a teacher in multicultural environment (Present-day problems. Culture, art, pedagogics) – Kharkiv: Styl’-Izdat, March 2008;
- “Short Russian - Ukrainian - English dictionary of radio engineering and informatics.” Tutorial, Kharkiv: SMIT Company, 2007.