Department of Foreign Languages
The department has been functioning since 1943. V.V. Nikolayev became its first head.
Since 1949 the department was headed by Yu. A. Yants, who took part in the Great Patriotic War and who devoted 40 years of his life to this work. Yu. A. Yants hold the post of an Associate Professor since March, 1991. In March, 1991 the department was headed by M. P. Suknov (at present – Professor, Cand. of Sc. (Education).
In 1990 – 1995 the department participated in scientific and research work of the Ministry of Higher Educational Establishments of Ukraine which was related to "Developing and introducing software tools of computer-aided design learning systems on the basis of the Unified System of electronic computers (EC) and other computing facilities". 20 programmes for teaching students English through human-computer interaction were prepared.
In 1992 – 1995 experimental groups had practical classes in a display classroom to check the efficiency of such training. A video classroom has been functioning at the department since 1993. In 2002 a 14-seat multimedia classroom was equipped with up-to-date computers to enable work with modern teaching materials. It combines flexibility and convenience of off-line learning, advantages of traditional teaching forms and progressiveness of the latest information technologies.