Department of Applied Mathematics
In the past, it has had the name «Department of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics».
2nd floor, room 26 «z»
+38 (057) 702-13-35,
+38 (057) 702-14-36
Head of the Department
Andrey D. Tevyashev
Dr. Sc., Professor, member of the Academy of Sciences of Applied Radio Electronics, member of the Ukrainian Oil and Gas Academy, member of the Scientific Council of the University.
The Department carries out complex training of specialists of three educational and qualifying levels:
- «Applied Mathematics» - Bachelor (6.040301), specialist (7.04030101), and Master (8.04030101);
- «Systems analysis» - Bachelor (6.040303), specialist (7.04030301), and Master (8.04030301).
Scientific and research directions:
- stochastic models in the energy transfer systems,
- mathematical modeling and optimization of transient non-isothermal mode of natural gas transportation systems,
- fractal stochastic processes,
- interval analysis and its applications,
- geographic information systems and technologies in the energy system,
- mathematical modeling and numerical analysis of CT images,
- the system analysis and the theory of optimal solutions,
- projection methods for solving boundary value problems and integral equations,
- stochastic analysis in economics and engineering,
- modeling catastrophes in ergatic systems.