The Informatics Department of Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics has been training specialists in the area of information technologies (IT) for 25 years. During the education students learn various mathematical and IT disciplines.
The Informatics speciality is recognized all over the world. Almost all the European universities offer the speciality “Informatics”. Our curriculum corresponds with those of Western European leading universities. This assures that our graduates receive a diploma of world standard.
The Informatics speciality is a unique combination of mathematical and computer disciplines, which allows our students to receive a comprehensive education and enables their employment at the different enterprises: banks, public institutions, plants, software enterprises, research institutes etc.
Informatics experts are universal professionals who can work in different areas of modern IT.
- An average wage of the graduates who work in speciality is about 800 dollars.
- The graduates of our department have confirmed their diplomas in Austria, USA, Germany, Israel, Canada and Russia.
- Our graduates can easily find a job by profession.
- A training of specialists is being realized by: 4 academicians, 5 professors, 11 assistant professors, senior lecturers and assistants.
Type of education: daytime (budgetary and contractual). Post-graduate, doctoral.
Specialization of Informatics Department:
- Technologies of software products and operating systems processing – operating systems development, designing and development of graphics systems, software development organization.
- Databases, information and expert systems - information systems building for data processing and storage, theoretical basics of intellectual data processing, information system development for engineering process automation, methods of expert system development, methods of information model definition for business processes.
- Digital signal processing, computer vision, multimedia systems, computer graphics - methods of designing and creating automatic and automated robots, management theory, image processing methods and algorithms for application in control systems, mathematical methods application in robotic complex development, multimedia systems development, computer graphics system development.
Our graduates receive the following qualifications:
- bachelor - Specialist direction 6.040302 – “Computer Science”;
- specialist – engineer on the use of computers in the specialty 7.04030201 – “Computer Science”;
- master – Research scientist (computer systems).
High knowledge level of our graduates is provided for studying of the following disciplines:
- Designing automation of complex objects and systems
- Computer networks administration
- Algorithms and software of image synthesis
- Algorithmic languages and programming
- Data analysis
- Databases and information systems
- Operations research
- Intellectual tool of engineer
- Internet technologies and WEB-development technologies
- Mathematical analysis
- Software testing
- .NET technology
- Algebra and geometry
- Modern office technologies
- Discrete mathematics
- Calculus of approximations
- Differential equations
- Qeueing theory
- Graph theory and combinatorial theory
- Optimization methods
- Management theory
- Theory of algorithms and mathematical logic
- Computational geometry and computer graphics
- System analysis and decision theory
- Basics of programming
- C++ programming
- PC architecture
- System programming
- Operating systems
- Data structures and algorithms
- Principles of information systems design
- Computer design
- Database management systems
- JAVA and C# programming
- Computer networks
- Pattern recognition methods and systems
- Computer vision
- Computer network data security
- Information systems of business accounting
- Project management
- Compression methods
- Neural networks application for processing of visual information
Science work of Informatics department is closely related with the development of image processing and recognition systems and computer vision systems. This branch of modern science is in rapid progress, because robotic complexes and computer vision systems find wide application for various fields of human activity.
Today the science work of the department is underway on the following directions:
- Development of methods and algorithms for image processing and recognition in computer vision systems, robotic complexes, control systems and data-transmission systems.
- Development of methods and algorithms for data processing, creating databases, knowledge bases and expert systems.
- Development of parallel and distributed computing methods and data processing.
- Development of methods and algorithms for application in multimedia systems.