All students of «Computer Science» and «System Engineering» majors study compulsory humanities, social and economic subjects, natural sciences, professional and practical subjects. The Bachelor studies are intended for 4-year learning and include such disciplines as, for example, «Discrete Mathematics», «System Analysis», «Object-Oriented Programming», «Database and Knowledge Base Fundamentals», «System Modeling», «Web Technology and Web Design», «Operating Systems», «Computer Networks», «Management of ІТ Projects», etc.
The Department of System Engineering offers the 3rd-year students the block of disciplines of their specialization, which includes the «Object-Oriented Analysis in System Engineering», «Software Service Architecture», «Internet Technologies of Distributed Information Processing», «Reengineering Information Technologies», «Special Databases», «Models and Tools in Project Management of Control and Automation Systems», etc.
Students combine their theoretical education with the practical tasks and projects in the student scientific groups «Development of Methodological Foundations for Creating Multipurpose Information Control Systems», «Development of Algorithms and Software for Solving the Problem of Structural Synthesis and Analysis of Geographically-Distributed Systems», «Development of Visual Engineering Toolkitы», as well as at the branch of the Department in SJSC «Institute of Automated Systems» (IAS) (Head of the branch is Bronislav A. Kolesnik, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Professor).
Science and international cooperation
Scientific direction of the Department – Development of methodology and tools for analysis and synthesis of integrated information control systems for large-scale social, economic and technical objects.
The following establishments are available at the Department:
Scientific and Educational Administration Informatization Center (Head of the Center – V.P. Pisklakova, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Senior Researcher). The Center includes two labs:
- the research lab «Informatization»;
- the research lab «Resources Utilization».
International cooperation of the Department is maintained in such areas as:
- students’ study placement and defence of Master’s Theses at the universities Jyvaskyla (Finland) and Southampton (UK);
- performance of contract-based research work within the International project jointly with the Ukrainian state company of mail service “Ukrposhta” to develop and implement «Post automated control and management systems» (PACMS), financed by the Universal Postal Union;
- participation of lecturers, students and researchers in the international scientific conferences and seminars: «The global information systems. Problems and development trends» (Russia), “Radio Electronic Forum» (Ukraine), «Operations Research» (Germany), «Problems of decision making under uncertainties» (Ukraine).
- System analysis, modeling and optimization of complex socio-technical systems (scientific supervisor – E.G. Petrov, Dr. Sc. (Technology).
- Mathematical models and methods of structural and topological synthesis of distributed objects (scientific supervisor – V.V Bezkorovainy, Dr. Sc. (Technology), Prof).
- Mathematical modeling and solving combinatorial optimization problems in a geometric design (scientific supervisor – I.V. Grebennik, Dr. Sc. (Technology), Prof).
Post-graduate and doctoral studies in specialities:
- 01.05.02 – Mathematical modeling and computational methods;
- 01.05.04 – System analysis and the theory of optimal solutions,
- 05.13.06 – Information technology,
- 05.13.12 – Design Automation Systems.
- V.V. Beskorovainy, Dr. Sc. (Technology),
- Professor; I.V. Grebennik, Dr. Sc. (Technology),
- Professor; S.I. Chaynіkov, Cand. Sc. (Technology),
- Professor; M.Yu. Vyshniak, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Associate Professor;
- Yu.V. Mischeryakov, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Associate Professor;
- N.I. Kalita, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Associate Professor.
- L.N. Rebezyuk, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Associate Professor.
- Professor; V.G. Ivanov, Cand. Sc. (Technology);
- Z.A. Imangulova, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Associate Professor;
- L.V. Kolesnik, Cand. Sc. (Technology), Associate Professor.