PhD of Science, Associate Professor, Artificial Intelligence Department, Faculty of Computer Science, Kharkov National University of Radioelectronics
In 1992 graduated from the Kharkov Institute of Radio Electronics specialty “Automated control systems”.
Ph.D. – 1998. Thesis defended April, 22 1998 at the Kharkov Institute of Radio Electronics.
Associate professor of artificial intelligence since 2013.
The main stages of pedagogical activity:
– 1996 – Assistant, Department of Technical Cybernetics, Kharkov Institute of Radio Electronics.
– 1998 – Lecturer, Department of Technical Cybernetics (Since 1999 – Department of Artificial Intelligence), Kharkov Institute of Radio Electronics.
– 2000 – Associate Professor, Department of Artificial Intelligence, Kharkov Institute of Radio Electronics.
Teaches courses: “Algorithms and Data Structures”, “Theory of Algorithms”, “Algorithms and Programming“, “Numerical Methods in Computer Science”, “Search and Optimization Methods”, “Fractal and Chaotic Models in Data Mining”, “Data Mining in MatLab/SciLab/R”.
Research interests: Fractal and multifractal models and properties of processes and phenomena, Chaotic systems, Data Mining.
Publications and patents
Has more than 40 publications.
- Shergin, V. L. (2016). Relationship between the parameters of self-similarity, stability and long-range dependency of fractal lev motion. Radio Electronics, Computer Science, Control, (3), 23-29.
- Shergin, V. L. (2015). Interpretation of the measure of dependence for multivariate stable random variables using factor model. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5(4 (77)), 44-49.
- Kirichenko, L., & Shergin, V. (2014). Analysis of the properties of ordinary levy motion based on the estimation of stability index. Information Content and Processing, International Journal, 1(2), 170-181.
- Shergin, V. L. (2014). Approximation an estimate of the sas-distributions stability
factor. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 1(4 (67)), 34-38.
- Shergin, V. L. (2013). The speedup of Radon transform based on using slice-operator at non-Euclidean metric. System Technology, 3(86), 160-167.
- Shergin, V. L. (2013). Estimation of the stability factor of alpha-stable laws using fractional moments method. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 6(4 (66)), 25-30.