The Department teaches a basic course in physics in almost all areas of the Bachelor graduation program, which are trained in KhNURE.
The Department has created five specialized training labs (Mechanics and Molecular Physics, Electromagnetism, Nuclear Physics and Solid State Physics), which cover the entire course of Physics, and besides a computer lab.
Along with the basic course of Physics the following additional special courses were developed at the Department: Thermal Flaw Detection and Fluid and Gas Dynamics, for which all the necessary training, methodological and technical support is available. Moreover, the Department supervises and graduates students of Master and Specialist degrees if it is necessary for other Departments.
Science and international cooperation
Research areas of the Department:
- Thermography and thermal non-destructive testing – supervised by Prof. V. Storozhenko.
- Resonant crystals of small magnetic and dielectric spheres in an external electrodynamic environment – supervised by Prof. A. Kozar.
- Modern analysis and processing of ultra-wideband processes – supervised by Prof. O. Lazorenko.
- Cavitation heat generators – supervised by Assoc. Prof. Y. Nefedov.
At the Physics Department the scientific research laboratory of nondestructive testing has been functioning for more than 30 years, on its basis the Scientific and Technical Center “The Temperature Control” was opened in 1999. The research work at STC “The Temperature Control” has gained universal acceptance and recognition, which is reflected in 8 international publications and they have been included into a database on Thermal Nondestructive Testing and Thermography. In recent years, the international cooperation has been developed with companies in Russia, e.g. contractual arrangements with Tomsk Polytechnic University have been established, they provide the joint research, exchange of trainees, etc.
The Post-Graduate and Doctoral Studies:
- 05.11.13 – Devices and Methods of Control and Determination of the Composition of Matter (supervisor Prof. V. Storozhenko),
- 01.04.03 – Radio physics (Prof. O. Lazorenko).