Department of the IVES located in the housing “i” in KHNURE on the 4th and 5th floors.
The Department consists of 6 teaching laboratories. In the lab 402 “i” classes in the core disciplines:
– digital TV;
– physical and theoretical bases of design;
– introduction to the profession.
In the laboratory 405 “i” classes on major disciplines:
– computational and microprocessor means;
– basics of microcontroller programming;
– microprocessors in embedded systems.
In the classroom 407 “i” classes in the core disciplines:
– digital TV;
– fundamentals of communication;
– principles of design and application of REA.
In the classroom 501 “i” classes in the core disciplines:
– principles of design of microwave devices;
– fundamentals of microelectronics;
– the circuitry of the CEA.
In the auditorium 503 “i” classes in the core disciplines:
– computer technology engineering design;
– programming the FPGA
To date, the staff of the Department of the IVES preparing for implementation of educational process re-created in 2016, room 403 “i” in which we also plan to organize conferences of the international Association of TATU.
In each laboratory of the Department of the IVES conducted research work with students, the results of which the Department of the IVES are regular seminars and forums.
The Department trains Bachelors, Specialists and Masters. Bachelors are trained in the speciality “Radio Electronic Devices” 6.050902. Masters are trained in the speciality “Radio Electronic Devices and Facilities” 7.05090201 (Specialists) and 8.05090201 (Masters)
Science and international cooperation
Substituting analog broadcasting for digital technologies has led to the necessity of training highly qualified specialists in this field. Long-term collaboration of our university (represented by Prof. Mykhaylo F. Bondarenko, Rector and Prof. V. Khakhanov, Dean of the School of Computer Engineering and Control, Prof. O. Filipenko, Department of Automation and Computer Technologies, Prof. I. Klyuchnik, Head of the DOED Department and others) with the company «Echostar» (USA) has allowed to improve teaching methodology of a number of disciplines and to establish the interdepartmental laboratory of digital television (Room 402-u).
The cooperation agreement was signed between KhNURE and German company Phoenix Contact in 2010. In accordance with this agreement in 2010 the Head of the DOED Department I.I. Klyuchnik and a post-graduate student of the DOED Department P.V. Galkin were trained at workshops of EduNet in Bad Pyrmont (Germany) and received certificates on PC WORX system and network information technologies (Ethernet, Profinet, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth).In December, 2010 the EduNet laboratory of Phoenix Contact Company was established (the second available in Ukraine). The laboratory equipment consists of six ILC 130 Starterkit testers, designed to teach students to program industrial controllers by drawing computer flowcharts of management systems. Such automation
facilities will replace all existing local regulators and any management systems. Within the contract between Phoenix Contact (Germany) and the DOED Department a DAAD supported group (German Academic Exchange Service) works. This agreement allows students to be trained abroad and receive two diplomas.
Participation of KhNURE in the international Education Network (EduNet), which was founded in 2007 on the initiative of the German company Phoenix Contact to support universities and their partners, the University has the opportunity to be given the latest equipment and to conduct joint research projects with other universities and colleges. Laboratories of consumer electronics, construction, radio electronic devices, radio electronic devices design, and acoustics are equipped with state-of-the-art technologies and tools.
At the Department an authorized certified center of the ASCON Company (Russia) has been created. At present the main scientific direction of the Department is “Intelligent radio electronic facilities”. It includes methods and tools for creating intelligent devices based on microcontrollers, raw converters and electronic devices on their basis, software and hardware control interfaces of electronic devices through computer networks, sound systems, and virtual diagnostics of electronic devices.
- Automation of design engineering;
- Analysis and synthesis of modern radio electronic devices (RED);
- Design of RED;
- Expert systems;
- Element base of RED;
- Intelligent RED and Systems;
- Computer-aided simulation of radio electronic devices;
- Computer technology of design engineering;
- Computer-aided design;
- Construction of electronic facilities;
- Design of ultra-high frequency devices;
- RED Design and Technology;
- Material science of RED;
- Mechanisms and devices of RED;
- Microprocessors and microcontrollers in RED;
- Computer and microprocessor facilities;
- Optimization of design decisions;
- Optimization of radio electronic devices design;
- Fundamentals of Automation and Control;
- Basics of biomedical devices design;
- Fundamentals of RED construction and application;
- Design Basics of RED;
- Fundamentals of technical operation of RED;
- Fundamentals of production technology of electronic devices;
- Primary converters and electronic devices based on them;
- Acoustic systems design;
- Remote control devices;
- RED of intelligent building;
- Techniques of experimental research;
- Feasibility study of engineering decisions;
- Hardware and software for computer-aided design;
- Technology and automation of RED production;
- Physical and theoretical basis of RED design;
- Functional element base;
- Digital TV.