Educating the Next generation experts in Cyber Security: the new EU- recognized Master’s program (ENGENSEC)
“Educating the Next generation experts in Cyber Security: the new EU-recognized Master’s program (ENGENSEC)” 544455-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-SE-TEMPUS-JPCR
Project goal: The main objective of the ENGENSEC project is to create new Master’s program in area of IT Security as a response on current and emerging Cyber Security threats by educating the next generation experts in this area, thus supporting development of e-based economics, life and society in partner countries.
Project duration: 1 December 2013 – 30 November 2016
▪ Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
▪ Wroclav University of Technology, Poland
▪ University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia
▪ The German Federal Criminal Police Office, Germany
▪ Kaliningrad State Technical University, Russia
▪ P.G. Demidov Yaroslavl State University, Russia
▪ Saint Petersburg State University of Telecommunications, Russia
▪ Saint-Petersburg Institute for Information and Automation, Russia
▪ Department of Informatization and communication of Yaroslavl , Russia
▪ Autonomous non-profit organization «Training center «Echelon», Russia
▪ «The Partnership of Experts of Information Security», Russia
▪ Yaroslavl regional public organization «Union of Students», Russia
▪ Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics, Ukraine
▪ State University of Telecommunications, Ukraine
▪ Lviv Polytechnic National University, Ukraine
▪ Ukrainian Information Security Group, Ukraine
▪ AIESEC Ukraine , Ukraine
▪ Kharkiv State Center for Information Security, Ukraine
▪ Scientific production association «Radio and Telecom. Systems», Ukraine
▪ Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Implementation of the new Master’s program in area of IT security, including development of new courses on Cyber Security, preparation of materials for learning and the teacher training;
- Development of new laboratories on Cyber Security at the universities of countries-partners;
- Intensive co-operation (feedback) with companies in the area of information security;
- Improving professional skills and scientific level of the students;
- Profound cooperation between universities from partner countries;
- Increasing academic mobility of students and teachers between the partner universities project.
Expected results of the project:
1. Define a joint structure/framework of the new Master’s program in Cyber Security.
2. Prepared well qualified professionals in emerging areas of Cyber-Security by offering recognized Double degree Master’s program.
3. Developed set courses on emerging areas of Cyber Security addressed to Advanced Network & Cloud Security, Wireless & Mobile Security, Secure Software Development, Malware Analysis, Web Security, Penetration tests and Ethical Hacking, Digital Forensic.
4. Developed a cloud-based laboratory on cyber security.
5. Established Life Long Learning framework by offering set of training courses for specialized public and government entities focused on computer crime and computer Investigation.
6. Enabled student and academic staff mobility for exchanging of best practices to raise the level of international cooperation in area of Cyber Security.
The expected impact of the project in Ukraine:
1. The project ENGENSEC by harmonization of the new Masters curriculum to best European practices will ensure the modernization and reform of higher technical education in Ukraine.
2. Increased academic mobility of students and teachers between partner universities should cause a deepening cooperation between universities of Ukraine and the European Union.
3. Implementation of new courses on Cyber Security allows to improve the professional skills in this area, that will facilitate the development of information Ukrainian society aimed at privacy in electronic oriented world.
Офіційний сайт проекту: http://engensec.eu/
Project coordinator in Ukraine: Oksana Yevsieieva, Professor of Telecommunication System Department, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org